July 13, 2007
Laminate flooring forum -- updated!
I recently updated the laminate flooring forum. It is cleaner, faster and best of all, has NO MORE SPAM! What a relief. Please check it out at http://laminateflooring.gig8.com. The new forum is now based on the more modern SMF (simplemachines) rather than PHPBB. It will continue to be under construction for the next few weeks. Spread the word to those who care. :)
Please let me know what you think. Thanks!
November 29, 2006
dotnet 3.0 (.NET Framework 3.0)
Time flies and here we are at .NET Framework 3.0. If history repeats itself, we will have a solid product at 3.1 (which will be incompatible with 3.0). Microsoft has decided that you may play without Vista... here's what you need:
More holiday discounts
|Banana Republic||QDBHCZD797C4||30% off||12/1-12/3|
|Crayola||HAPPYHOLIDAY||20% off entire order||expires 12/15|
|Gap||D1QTCW77L8KP||30% off "select merchandise"||11/30-12/3|
|LeapFrog||FF256||25% off full-price and sale items||12/1-12/3|
|Old Navy||D1ZLF9QBRSDX||20% off full-price and sale items||11/27-12/3|
|Ralpha Lauren||HOL2006||30% off full-price and sale items||11/21-12/4|
November 28, 2006
Leap Frog Promo Code - 25% off!
It's beginning to look like Christmas. From Friday, December 1st, 2006, 7:00 AM (CST) through Sunday, December 3rd, 2006 (11:59 PM) take 25% off on all merchandise, including sale and promotinally priced items, on LeapFrog.com. Woo hooo! The promotional code is FF256 (all caps). Ribbit.
November 27, 2006
Journey to the West and India
Aside from the obvious Buddhist connection, the epic Journey to the West's Monkey King is reputed to also come from the Hindu Hanuman from Valmiki's Ramayana. So we have a story about Taoism, Buddhism and Confucianism drawing characters from a Hindu text. Facinating. One of these days, I'll make a time line of these things.
November 26, 2006
2006 Cool Christmas Gifts
- Journey to the West (4-Volume Boxed Set) by Cheng'en Wu and W.J.F. Jenner - Exceedingly entertaining must-read ancient Chinese classic. I'm halfway through volume IV and still chuckling. Thanks Sweetie! Tolkien and Lewis, kowtow to your grandpa.
- A subscription to a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program for local organic produce, e.g., Eat with the Seasons and Two Small Farms. Your giftee will be healthier for it, and, if all goes well, you may even benefit! Visit the USDA or Local Harvest for more information.
- For that special someone (ahem), consider the 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 GHz. A fan of Mr. Gates? No worries, (possibly biased) tests show that with Boot Camp, the Intel-based Macbook Pro runs Windows XP as fast or faster than the typical sources. Make sure to get the $200 educational discount if you qualify. (AMD, where are you?)
- Prep, wash, scrub and dry hard wood floors in one pass. The iRobot 5800 Scooba achieves that which is otherwise not reasonable using conventional methods. Will it deal with macaroni and cheese?
- Burt's Bees stuff. Even the most humble concoction is guaranteed to be appreciated. Assemble your order to total $75 or more through Vitamin Shoppe to get free shipping.
- Dance Dance Revolution (DDR). There are a number of ways to put this together, here is one:
- The humble toothpaste squeezer will be a blessing to the recipient at least twice a day (hopefully).
- If you have any kids (or parents with kids) on your list, check out the StartWrite Handwriting software. It churns out traceable worksheets for kids to learn how to write from manuscript to cursive. We have been really pleased with our copy. The cursive is particularly popular (for some reason) with girls.
- Find a (closing) Tower Records near you, and purchase CDs and DVD at 40-60% off. There's no better local source for World music - and, at least while supplies last, the pricing will most certainly beat online.
- Donate money, food, time and energy to those in need. Here are some ideas to get you started...
November 25, 2006
Zojirushi NS-JCC18 rubber seal replacement
We love your products! Recently, the rubber seal which attaches to the bottom of the mushroom-looking object with the ball inside fell apart while cleaning (fatigue probably due to repeated steaming while cooking rice). I need to get it replaced. I really just need the rubber seal replaced.
October 24, 2006
Massive shortage of Bibles and pens in Suame-Kumasi
What is it about Suame-Kumasi and the request for Christian/Catholic materials? If you ever hear from this crowd, I'd love to hear your story... I got my request over Skype from one Ofori Joshua who asked specifically for hard cover Bibles (KJV), pens and some clothes for the orphans. I walked out of the post office today after realizing that my package would cost $87 to send to Ghana. Thank you Lord.Continue reading "Massive shortage of Bibles and pens in Suame-Kumasi"
October 19, 2006
More seriously, "Banana Phone" is the song of the day. Enjoy.
October 2, 2006
Yom Kippur - from the Christian perspective
It is the holiest day in the Jewish calendar. Yom Kippur, the "Day of the Atonement", is today a day of introspection, of fasting, prayer and the seeking of forgiveness. Before the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. though, it was the day when the High Priest would enter the Holiest of Holy to bring the annual sacrifice and confess the sins of the people.
For the life of the flesh [is] in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it [is] the blood [that] maketh an atonement for the soul. - Leviticus 17:11